The 4th annual Kidz in Motion hosted by BRMC Active Lifestyle Institute,
BRMC Trauma Services and Mountain Home Parks and Recreation’s
L.C. Sammons Youth Center is scheduled for Saturday, May 18 from 9 a.m.
– noon at the L.C. Sammons Youth Center. This is a free health and
wellness event for area children open to the first 250 registrants only!
The event is appropriate for those 3 - 12 years of age, and all
children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parents/guardians
will be able to spend the last 30 minutes of the event asking our panel
of experts questions about their child’s health. This will be a
fun, interactive event, and sweating will be strongly encouraged!
The following experts have committed their time for Kidz in Motion 2013:
- Orthopaedics - Dr. M.B. Moore III and Heather Lydon, LPN
- Dentistry - Petkovich Family Dentistry
- Cline Emergency Center/BRMC Trauma Services - Charles Grinder, BSN,
RN, EMT-P; Philip Frazier, RN, EMT-P and Tammy Hodges, RN
- Reppell Diabetes Learning Center - Jodi Owens, RN
- Physical Therapy - Jessica Brown, DPT; Richard Byrum, MSPT and John
- Certified Athletic Trainer - Heather Guthrie, ATC
- Sports Physiology - Whitney Aleshire and Jonny Harvey, Exercise Physiologists
- Sports Nutrition - Jan Halligan, RD, CDE
- Certified Veterinarian Technician - Leslie Dew
From noon to 1 p.m., there will be an opportunity to learn more about Emergency
Services, including a visit from area ambulance, police, fire departments
and AirEvac. The Youth Center will have the rock climbing wall available
for even more fun!
All children that attend will receive a free t-shirt, lunch box, first-aid
kit and lots of other andldquo;goodies!” Remember, space is limited.
Online registration available here. For more information, call (870) 508-1009 or email Mike Beam, Active Lifestyle
Institute Director, at
Download event flyer here.