RN Residency Program
The BRMC RN Residency Program, in partnership with Versant, provides a comprehensive educational foundation to transition newly graduated registered nurses from students to safe, competent professional practitioners. The structure and standardization of the BRMC RN Residency includes evidence-based curriculum, guided clinical experience with a preceptor for 18 weeks, and a supportive component composed of formal mentoring and debriefing/self care sessions to positively impact both the competence and confidence of the RN Resident.
Why Choose the BRMC RN Residency?
Each hospital has their own unique culture and standards in place, and BRMC strives to exceed both state and federal patient care guidelines by ensuring that our nursing staff is exceptionally trained. Versant® research shows that after completing the 18 week Residency program the new graduate achieves the same competence and self-assurance as a nurse who has been in practice for 18 months (without completing a residency). BRMC staff and leadership are dedicated to forming a supportive network to ensure the long term success and satisfaction of both our new and experienced nursing staff. We take our mission to heart: to provide excellent care for every patient, every time.
Recent RN graduates (within one year) with less than 6 months of RN experience are eligible to apply for the program. The application period is now open for the July 2015 cohort. Applications will be accepted from March 15, 2015 – April 30, 2015. All applications and documents must be received by the deadline to be considered.
Required documents include:
- Application: click here to apply and then search for position labeled Registered Nurse, Resident.
- 2 letters of reference (minimum one from nursing instructor)
- Essay which includes (a) why you chose to apply for the RN Residency; (b) the qualities you possess that you feel will help you succeed in the RN Residency; (c) describe a situation where you overcame a challenge to achieve a personal goal.
- Unofficial transcript with cumulative GPA
Options for document submission:
- Email to email@example.com
- Upload with your application
- Deliver to BRMC Human Resources Department
- Mail to BRMC Human Resources Department
624 Hospital Drive, Mountain Home, AR 72653
For more information, contact RN Residency Coordinator Wynne Woodard, MSN, APRN, ACNS-BC, NE, at 870-508-1746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.