The Reppell Diabetes Learning Center staff at Baxter Regional Medical Center, working with your doctor, will provide you with these tools so that you can manage your diabetes.
The Diabetes Program
The diabetes program covers various topics that, together, provide the tools necessary to manage your diabetes. The topics covered are based on your needs and may include:
- Self-care skills
- Family involvement and social support
- Stress and psychological adjustment
- Exercise and activity planning
- Monitoring and use of results
- Prevention, detection and treatment of acute and chronic complications
- Use of healthcare systems and community support
- Diabetes and pregnancy
Admission to the Program
- A doctor’s referral is required for admission to the program
- Routine follow-up visits are included
- Referring doctors are kept informed of their patients’ progress
- Medicare and some private insurance companies cover program charges
The Reppell Diabetes Learning Center is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) for Quality Self-Management Education. Scholarships are available.
For more information, call the Reppell Diabetes Learning Center at (870) 508-1765 or email Jodi Bodenhamer, RN, CDE, RDLC Coordinator, at email@example.com.