Spiritual Care at Baxter Regional Medical Center
Spiritually Healing Patients in North Central Arkansas and South Central Missouri
Spiritual care is a way to help patients cope with emotional problems that
may arise during the course of your hospital visit. It can be difficult
to suffer from a medical condition and not have anyone to confide in.
That’s why our spiritual care specialists are here. Our spiritual
care staff, volunteers, and chaplain are readily available to provide
counseling and spiritual advice for patients and their families.
Spiritual care offers guidance for people of all faiths and nonfaiths.
Some of these services include:
- Joining patients and families in prayer
- Providing assistance to people dealing with loss or grief
- Helping families through traumatic events
- A listening ear for people who just need to talk
- Referrals to support groups and services outside the hospital that may
- A quiet place to sit and reflect or pray inside the hospital
Sometimes it helps to have a friendly face and a welcoming ear during a
stay in the hospital. Pain, concern, frustration, can be a tremendous
emotional burden and it often helps just having someone to talk to, even
if all they do is listen. We are here to support you and your loved ones
in any way we can throughout this experience.