The Schliemann Center for Women's Health Education of Baxter Regional
Medical Center is offering special events for school-aged girls this summer,
including Safe Sitter® babysitting classes and Getting Creative with
Gladys, a new craft group.
Safe Sitter Classes
Safe Sitter is a medically accurate program that teaches young adolescents
how to handle emergencies when caring for children. It teaches safe and
nurturing child care techniques, behavior management skills, and appropriate
responses to medical emergencies.
Classes are 2-day sessions and scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
Wednesday, June 5 - Thursday, June 6 -
THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL!
- Wednesday, June 19 - Thursday, June 20
- Wednesday, July 10 - Thursday, July 11
- Wednesday, July 24 - Thursday, July 25
- Wednesday, August 7 - Thursday, August 8
Cost is $35 and includes Safe Sitter student manual, completion card and
messenger bag with supplies.
Scholarships are available based on financial need.
Participants must be 11 to 13 years old by the class date.
All forms, including completed registration, Student Contract, Media Consent and payment must be received 1 week prior to class day. Forms may be
downloaded, and students may register online by clicking their chosen session date
above. Forms are also available at the Schliemann Center.
Getting Creative with Gladys
Getting Creative with Gladys is free and meets every Friday from 10 a.m. to noon, from June 7 through
August 2. It is free of charge to attend and designed for young girls,
but girls of any age who have always wanted to learn are welcome!
Scheduled sessions include:
- June 7: Crocheting, Granny Square
- June 14: Scrapbooking
- June 21: Hot/Cold Packs, Beginning Sewing and Aromatherapy
- June 28: Shower Bombs/Bath Salts
- July 5: DIY Trashcan and Room Accessories
- July 12: Tye Dye T-shirts/Pillowcases
- July 19: Embroidery, Cross stitch
- July 26: Distressed Jeans / Paint Your Own Shoes
- August 2: Free Day! Bring In Your Own Project!
All supplies will be provided.
Registration is required for all events. Enroll online on the
events calendar, or contact Stefany Isham, SCWHE Coordinator, at (870) 508-2345 or