Feb 24, 2017
Better Breathers Group Celebrates 20th Anniversary
The February meeting of the Better Breathers group of the Mruk Family Education
Center on Aging was a special one. This month, the local Better Breathers
group is celebrating its 20 year anniversary as an active support group,
and they are the longest meeting group in the state of Arkansas!
Better Breathers is an American Lung Association program to help make living with chronic
lung disease easier. It is a welcoming group for those with Chronic Obstructive
Pulmonary Disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer or any illness
that causes difficulty in breathing, and their caregivers. This local
group is led by Karen Ezell, RRT, RPSGT, and meets the second Friday of
each month at 2 p.m. at the MFECOA.
Better Breathers offers:
- information on how COPD affects the lungs.
- encouragement and support for the person with COPD and the caregiver.
- current education on effective treatments, such as medications, therapies,
breathing exercises, and other latest treatments.
- resources available in our community to help you breath easier.
- tips and strategies for daily management of COPD.
BRMC congratulates this group on 20 years of offering education, support
and encouragement to those living with chronic lung disease. For more
information about Better Breathers, call the MFECOA at (870) 508-3880 or email