Aug 19, 2016
AARP Driver Safety Course Offered at MFECOA
Mruk Family Education Center on Aging offers the
AARP Driver Safety Course monthly, and the next course is scheduled for Monday, September 12 from
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the MFECOA on the Baxter Regional Medical Center campus.
Driving has changed since some people got their first driverand#39;s license,
and participation in the program could save you money! Participants receive
a certificate enabling them for a discount on their auto insurance.
The AARP Driver Safety Course teaches drivers age 50 and older to:
- understand the effects of aging on driving
- learn driving strategies that help take into account the changes people
experience as they age
- identify the most common crash situations faced
- reduce the chances of having a crash
- be updated on knowledge and understanding of todayandrsquo;s roads, vehicles
and other road users
- think about how they drive
- identify when driving may no longer be safe
The cost of the program is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members.
For more information or to register, call the MFECOA at (870) 508-3880, email
click here to register online.