Sep 24, 2015
AARP Driver Safety Program is Oct. 5
The Mruk Family Education Center on Aging hosts the AARP Driver Safety
Program monthly, on the first Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and
the next program is scheduled for Monday, October 5.
Attendees will learn:
- To understand the effects of aging on driving
- Driving strategies that help take into account the changes we experience as we age
- To identify the most common crash situations faced
- To reduce the chances of having a crash
- Updated knowledge and understanding of todayandrsquo;s roads, vehicles and
other road users
- To think about how you drive
- How to identify when driving may no longer be safe
The AARP Driver Safety Program is for drivers 50 and over, and the cost
is $15 for AARP members and $20 for non members. After completion of this
course, depending on the driverandrsquo;s state of residence and insurance
company’s policies, they may be eligible for an automobile insurance
premium reduction or discount.
For more information or to register to attend, call the MFECOA at (870)
508-3880, or email MFECOA Coordinator Diahanne VanGulick at
Help us spread the word!
Download a flyer here.