Dec 17, 2015
BRMC Rehab Services Now Offering Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Have you or a loved one recently fallen, or have you been forced to alter
your life style from fear of falling?
- Have you experienced vertigo that has resulted in you feeling that the
room is spinning or the inside of your head is spinning?
- Do you have dizziness combined with andldquo;ringing of the ears”?
- Do you feel like you need to hold onto furniture to move around in your home?
- Do you feel off balance walking in the dark or on uneven surfaces?
- Does your vision decrease when you are moving your head?
- Do you feel the need to look at the floor when you walk?
If so, you may benefit greatly from the new Vestibular Rehabilitation program
being offered through the
Outpatient Physical Therapy Department at Baxter Regional Medical Center.
Vestibular Rehabilitation has proven to be the most effective and cost
efficient means of treating vestibular (inner ear/balance) disorders.
Nationwide, dizziness is the number one complaint of persons over the
age of 70 years. Eighty-five percent of vertigo is related to the inner
ear vestibular system.
People with vestibular disorders often experience problems with vertigo,
dizziness, visual disturbances and loss of balance. Other problems include
nausea, vomiting, reduced ability to focus and fatigue.
Symptoms of vestibular disorders can diminish a personandrsquo;s quality
of life and impact all aspects of daily living. Symptoms contribute to
emotional problems such as anxiety and depression, and can lead to a sedentary
This is where Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy can help. Vestibular Rehabilitation
is designed to reduce or eliminate vertigo and dizziness, improve visual
focus, and strengthen weakened muscles.
If you feel that our new Vestibular Rehabilitation program could benefit
you, then ask your physician to refer you to the BRMC outpatient Physical
Therapy Department. Call (870) 508-1560 to schedule your appointment.
Let BRMC Rehab Services help you get back to living the life you deserve!