North Central Arkansas Orthopedics
Skilled Bone Health Services
At Baxter Regional Medical Center, we utilize conservative treatments unless
a patient absolutely requires more invasive procedures. To learn more,
schedule an appointment with
one of our orthopedic surgeons.
Baxter Regional Medical Center is home to some of the most advanced orthopedic
procedures in the region. Our talented, board certified team of orthopedic
surgeons offers the following services:
- Sports medicine
- Bone and joint disease evaluation, treatment and surgery
- Open and endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Knee and shoulder arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic joint surgery (knee, shoulder, wrist)
- Partial and total knee replacement
- Direct anterior hip replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement, or “Delta shoulder”
- Total joint replacement (hip, shoulder)
- Hand and elbow surgery
Your Stay in the Hospital
Baxter Regional Medical Center has a dedicated orthopedic floor (5 South)
that includes 26 private rooms with private bathroom and shower. There
is also a gym area exclusively for orthopedic patients, where patients
who undergo a joint replacement surgery will work with physical therapists.
Trained orthopedic staff will care for you during your stay and ensure
you are on the road to a quick recovery. The orthopedic department has
its own social worker and discharge planner to make sure you have everything
you will need when you get back home.
The Joint Club is offered to our orthopedic patients and families. This
is a one hour class and presentation that is offered free of charge to
patients and families who are scheduled to have a total joint replacement
surgery. The class goes over what to expect prior, during and after joint
replacement surgery. Many questions are answered during this class, as
it is geared to alleviate concerns patients and families may have before
Joint Club class meets Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 11:30 a.m. –
12:30 p.m., in the 5 South Conference Room. No appointment is necessary, and family members are encouraged to attend.
Your doctor’s office will provide additional information for you
regarding attendance to the Joint Club, or call BRMC Orthopedics/5 South
at (870) 508-5400.
On The Road to Recovery
After your stay in the hospital, your doctor may recommend that you receive
further therapy services as an outpatient. Having begun your journey to
recovery at Baxter Regional Medical Center, we trust you will have confidence
in us to help you reach the successful end of your journey.
At BRMC, we offer complete outpatient rehabilitation services, including
physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and athletic training services.
Moving In The Right Direction
Appointments for rehabilitation are easy to make. After receiving a referral
from your doctor, simply contact BRMC Rehab Services at (870) 508-1560,
from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Rehabilitation services available for orthopedic patients includes:
- Orthopedic joint and soft-tissue mobilization
- Treatment of upper and lower extremity injuries and/or impairments
- Large, state-of-the-art gym with eight treatment rooms
- Only hydrotherapy flow pool in northern Arkansas and southern Missouri
- Nerve conduction and electromyography (EMG) testing
- Complete wound care
- Occupational therapy
- Fabrication of custom splints and braces
- Programs for patients with impaired concentration, thought organization
- Programs to improve activities of daily living (ADLs), including self-care
skills, and work, play or leisure activities
Orthopedic Team Physicians: