Comprehensive Care for Expectant Mothers and Families
Maternity Classes in Baxter County
The Women & Newborn Care Center and Schliemann Center for Women’s
Health Education Center of Baxter Regional are proud to offer comprehensive
care for expectant mothers and families, for before and after Baby’s arrival!
All education and support is offered
free of charge to expectant mothers and families. Visit our
online calendar for specific dates.
- Held monthly, 2nd Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Pain management skills
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Comfort measures
- Birthing variations and options
- Coach’s role
- Infant care/postpartum care
- Held monthly, 3rd Tuesday, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Advantages of breastfeeding
- Getting started and what to expect
- Problem solving
- Breast pumping
- Going back to work and/or school
Weekly Newborn & Infant Support
- Drop-in every Tuesday, 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Meet with a nurse
- Lactation support and consultation
Mommy & Me Support Group
- Meets bi-monthly, 1st and 3rd Thursday, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Support for moms with babies up to age 2
- Share experiences and discuss parenting tips
- Guest speakers
Classes and groups are held at the Schliemann Center for Women’s
Health Education, located in the row of Community Houses across Hospital
Drive from Baxter Regional Medical Center. The Schliemann Center is open
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., and offers free infant weight
checks, breast pumps rentals, and nursing supplies including bras, nipple
shields and pregnancy underwear.
To register or for more information, please contact Stefany Isham, SCWHE
Coordinator, at (870) 508-2345 or